Friday, May 4, 2012

'serving God by serving others...'

This is a view of one of the hospitality houses here at Heidebeek.  This is part of my [Jenni] job-- preparing them for guests who are to come!  The guest who will be coming now is a speaker for the Generations Discipleship Training School.  (This DTS is for people from all generations, including families!)  The speaker will teach all week, and so it's so important for him to have a nice place to come and rest after the day!  We hope that the people who stay here feel really blessed! 


One thing that I have found to be important for me, is to work in a team!  I'm so glad that I don't have to do all of the work alone!  Here is a picture of Stella, who will be helping out in the hospitality department for the next three months.

But you know what is the funny part?  Stella was my teacher in the Bible course I did here in Holland in 2009!  She was even my "homework mentor"-- she was the one correcting and grading my work!  And now we work together cleaning houses and ironing sheets!  It's funny, but nice how things work out sometimes!


Here is Wim continuing his never-ending job-- cutting the grass!  (I just couldn't get him to pose this time!)  It seems like very routine work (and it is!) but it really makes a difference for the people living here, working here and visiting Heidebeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say something!