Friday, May 11, 2012

inspired creation

writing songs to glorify Jesus!

Wim and I have been here at Heidbeek now for.... almost 9 months.  So, since our first year slowly is rounding off, we have been given some opportunities to try different things outside of our support ministries (sort of to see what we'd like to do in the future as well).  One thing that I am getting to do is spend one morning a week working on music with my friend Joni!

She came to me a few weeks ago and asked if I would like to play music with her at this event called G.O.D. (Global Outreach Day-- read more here) in Amsterdam, so I said yes!  We decided it would be good to meet once a week and to work on writing music!  It's really fun for me to invest my time in this as well, because I LOVE IT.  Seriously, a lot.  And I believe that God has gifted me and I want to use that gift, develop it, share it and glorify Him with it!

Here are the lyrics to the song we are working on now (which are subject to change, since it is a "song in construction"!)  We will sing this at the G.O.D. event :

no other god
There is a place where peace abounds - it's in His grace
There is a way that love can be found- it's in His face

And I will serve no other god, though they may try to tempt me
No I will serve no other one, only You Lord, only 

There is a place where hope abounds - it's in His name
There is a way that life can be found - it's through His gates

And I will serve no other god, or any other treasure
I will serve no other one, only You forever 

They can tempt me, try me, pull me and bind me
But I will never leave
Because my Lord, You sustain me, you've healed me and you saved me
So I will never leave
I will never leave you
I'll be faithful to You

And I will serve no other god, or any other treasure
I will serve no other one, only You forever 

When we've polished it a little more and make a recording, we can share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say something!