Tuesday, May 15, 2012

running with the wind

Wow... we are SO BUSY!  It began on Friday with a "love feast".  This is sort of a YWAM tradition-- where we gather together, eat tasty food, enjoy each others company, share stories and sing to the Lord!

Wim and I all dressed up, looking lovely!
Then this weekend we drove to Belgium and stayed one night-- to visit some of Wim's relatives.  It was a really nice time!  I met Wim's grandpa (he's 91 years old!) for the first time, and we had some great conversations with Wim's Aunt!  Here is Wim together with his grandpa!

Wim with his grandpa Jerome

And now this week, all of Heidebeek is in an uproar (in a good way) to prepare for the coming Open Huis!  This will be on Thursday, and we expect ±1000 people!

Today, I worked in the gardens of the hospitality houses... this was a first for me!-- I'm not exactly a gardener!  The only memories I have of gardening were bad ones-- having to pull weeds as a household chore-- I despised it!  But today I found a lot of satisfaction in what we did.  It was really nice to see the end result, how it really improved the look and feel of our guest houses.  I think that it made it look much more... "hospitable"!

And to top it all off-- this weekend (Friday - Sunday) I will be leading worship for a group of people who will lead outreaches for young people this summer (this is something called GO Teams)!  Well... gotta go... so much to do still!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

say something!